Tetra color

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Reaction score
Hi to everyone,
I would like to seek help in this forums about my most recently aquarium problems. I have a 10 gallon tank that has been working fine up to 5 years till this day, but the past few months my rummy nose tetras are losing their intense red spot but the color of their fins are still yellow and White. The harlequin rasboras also have this problem and their black triangle is starting to decolorate. The hardeness of my water is 7 ph and i am loking foreward to decrease it to 6.8 so that my tetras may feel a Little bit better. I am doing 30% waters changes every week and some how my ph still increases although the wáter i pour is drinkable wáter from the water bottles. I use the "API freshwater master kit water test" to check my ph. Another variable that now i am starting to consider is that maybe I have the /true rummy nose tetra/ instead of the /common rummy nose tetra/, but still they both have that red spoted tip. I feed them with "Tetra Color Tropical Granules". The acuarium is well planted and pleanty of places to hide. Can someone please help my fish regain their color?

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Don't try to drop the pH from 7.0 to 6.8, it's not necessary.

If you can post a picture of the fish it might help with identifying the issue.

Try doing a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate each day for a week. Clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks.

If you use bottled water, open the bottle the night before you use it or aerate it for 30 minutes before using it to allow the dissolved gasses to stabilise.

Wasn’t aware of the need to open the bottle ahead of time. That’s why I’m loving this forum. Learn something everyday!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back