Tell me your Insomnia cures

šŸ  May TOTM Voting is Live! šŸ 
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
šŸ† Click here to Vote! šŸ†

It should be illegal. Unfortunately yes. And they can force you to do dangerous exercises. Some of the abuse that people Iā€™ve met through this group have endured is insane. Nurses grabbing them by the hair, dragging them away from the toilet because ā€œpuking means you WANT to be sickā€

A 9 year old girl was seizing, the doctor picked her up and dropped her unconscious on the cement floor to ā€œprove she was faking itā€ -she wasnā€™t

Forcing children with artery compressions making it that they cannot eat to eat (or drink blended up ham sandwiches)

Forcing a girl to exercise to the point of fainting, as soon as she woke up, forcing her to exercise again without giving her any medical checkup. She later learned that vigorous exercise causes her heart to flatline. But she was told it was an ā€œattention thingā€

They cut people cold Turkey off of meds that are extremely dangerous to cut cold Turkey.

Take wheelchairs from paralyzed people.

Leave kids on the floor unconscious. Lock them in rooms. Verbally and physically and even sexually abuse them.

They donā€™t let parents or guardians watch the ā€œtherapy sessionsā€ - I wonder why?

Iā€™m thankful that my experience was one of the milder ones and that my parents saw through the facade and didnā€™t fall for their program brainwashing. They pulled me out after a week.

The damage was done though. There is definitely still some things I deal with that were caused by the program. They not only caused worsening of my physical health, but some trauma as well. I still have a deep instilled shame of using my cane/walker/wheelchair thanks to them. I still try to push through my pain and try to be normal because I HAD to. It causes more permanent damage every time, but itā€™s so hard to allow myself to have limits because I was berated for taking breaks. Told I want to be sick, Iā€™m a shame to my family, I donā€™t want to get better, Iā€™m lazy etc
There is NO excuse for any of that. That's insane! What the heck are they thinking?? And how can people do that? Like where's their heart and humanity!?

I'm so sorry Gius.
You shouldn't feel any shame for using a walker or wheelchair, and I know how much you don't want to be sick.
And you are ANYTHING but a shame to your family.

As to you being lazy, you are not. I see you give 100% of whatever you have and you are so so strong.

I've vaguely heard of these things, but not to this extent... Insane...
I'm glad you didn't get the extreme side of it, it sounds like, but still, I'm sorry you had to be any part of it

I think the hospitals/doctors on the northeast area of the US give better treatment than you get in the northwest US. Though some hospitals such as The Massachusletts General Hospital are close to if not at capacity which is taxing the system. They rarely keep you more than one day after routine surgery.
Hope you get the help you urgently need, @JuiceBox52

Last edited:
I think the hospitals/doctors on the northeast area of the US give better treatment than you get in the northwest US. Though some hospitals such as The Massachusletts General Hospital are close to if not at capacity which is taxing the system.
Hope you get the help you urgently need, @JuiceBox52
Unfortunately these programs are in most states, at most major hospitals. Some of the worst ones are on the east coast. I have friends in most states who all have these experiences. Itā€™s pretty universal :/

There is NO excuse for any of that. That's insane! What the heck are they thinking?? And how can people do that? Like where's their heart and humanity!?

I'm so sorry Gius.
You shouldn't feel any shame for using a walker or wheelchair, and I know how much you don't want to be sick.
And you are ANYTHING but a shame to your family.

As to you being lazy, you are not. I see you give 100% of whatever you have and you are so so strong.

I've vaguely heard of these things, but not to this extent... Insane...
I'm glad you didn't get the extreme side of it, it sounds like, but still, I'm sorry you had to be any part of it
I have so many more stories. I donā€™t know how itā€™s legal. I donā€™t know how hospitals that are so good, like the Mayo Clinic, can be so bad in regards to this

My experiences with pain management physio and rehab have been excellent. I've done some weird looking exercises that were uncomfortable, but I now have a good range of movement in my neck, and my chronic back pain, which hurt for years, has become a rare flare up thing.
My sister worked in a rehab centre for people with broken necks (the dark side of ice hockey and American style football), and that's the only longterm stay centre type I know of. Here, they are very specialized, dealing with specific injuries and only those injuries. The care is phenomenal even if in many cases, the injuries can't be overcome.
A now 90 year old family member broke her hip a few years ago, and was very angry at the rehab physio exercises (which my wife and daughters were invited to sit in on daily so they could help later). She was in for 3 weeks in a centre, post surgery, and did claim torture. They pushed and pushed for her to walk when she just wanted to curl up and die. She now says those exercises and that stay are the reason she is up and mobile, living her life. The staff were great people, hard working, attentive and respectful. They took a lot of verbal abuse from some of the patients, and I'm sure there were cases when they were punched or kicked. That goes with caregiving jobs.

Most reactions

Back