Teeny White Worm

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mzoeller

Reaction score
I just set up my 10 gal tank and added some neon tetras and Cory cats. I have seen a little white worm twice, or there are two (or more) of them. Both times it was free floating and squirming frantically off and on. Any ideas what it is and if it's a problem? If it is a problem, i'd welcome any advice on remedies!

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

Picture please? sound like planaria but I cant be too sure without a picture.
Sorry, but no pictures. They were probably just under 1/4" long and remind me of an inchworm or mosquito larvae squirming through the water. They sink to the bottom and I couldn't get a photo.

Do they look like one of these?

Detritus Worms
detritusworms-TN.jpg

Planaria
planaria-composite-2.jpg

Planaria come in various colors. Often the ones in fw tanks are clear to white.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I had planaria a while back (only found two but scared the hell out of me).
Mine looked like swimming poops! Even sort of red/brown in color.
Upon very very close inspection you can see the head is slightly triangular.
But man do you have to look CLOSE!

I had planaria a while back (only found two but scared the hell out of me).
Mine looked like swimming poops! Even sort of red/brown in color.
Upon very very close inspection you can see the head is slightly triangular.
But man do you have to look CLOSE!
They must be planaria. I've only seen two of them right after adding fish or plants and think they could have been imported with them. I'm going to keep an eye out for them and will post a picture if I can get one. Thanks for the replies and suggestions!

They must be planaria. I've only seen two of them right after adding fish or plants and think they could have been imported with them. I'm going to keep an eye out for them and will post a picture if I can get one. Thanks for the replies and suggestions!

I was able to use my glass cleaning sponge to get both and I discarded them. Luckily I never saw anymore. Apparently they make a nice snack if your fish see them but I was so horrified when I saw the "poo" squiggling that my first instinct was to capture and burn the place to the ground.
I calmed enough not to go to my second step :)

I was able to use my glass cleaning sponge to get both and I discarded them. Luckily I never saw anymore. Apparently they make a nice snack if your fish see them but I was so horrified when I saw the "poo" squiggling that my first instinct was to capture and burn the place to the ground.
I calmed enough not to go to my second step :)
Hahaha! I know. Freaked me out when I saw them! I haven't seen them again so maybe the fish ate them. They weren't on the glass, but I am keeping an eye out for them there. Thanks!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back