Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have ich and my tank parameters are:

ammonia 0.25
nitrite 0
nitrate 0
pH 8.0
Salt at 1T per 5 gallons.
Treatment for 1 week with either CureIck (liquid formalin/malachite green) or Tank Buddies Jungle (fizz tabs).

Here's the deal: after being suspicious of my ammonia level which has been constant at 0.25 for over a week after numerous water changes, cutting down on feeding, and my nitrites and nitrates have never spiked, I finally checked my tap water. MY TAP water also has 0.25 ammonia!!! I need to know: does tap water have ammonia or is my test kit off??? Does anyone else in the Toronto area have this problem??

i live in boston, but i have .25 ammonia in my tap water! i use amquel to dechlorinate my water because it also removes ammonia, nitrites and nitrates.

Ahhhhhhhh, thank you! :D I'm not alone OR going crazy!!! I will try to find this product ASAP, no wonder I've had so many problems in setting this tank up.

test your tank for smog while your at it lmao....aqua plus and cycle are really good for taking out the bad additives in the water...boil a pot of water let it set and cool to room temp then add the chemicals thats a safe way to do it... thats why communities have boil orders...the only way to take the bad stuff out is by evaporation

Most reactions

Back