Tank to clean

Carp890

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Tank to CLEAN? To feed plec etc looking a bit thin other fish eat wafers even at night heavily planted tank co2 etc

No way I clean my tank just bristle plac a bit thin don't get a chance to eat wafers even at night just thought I clean every 5 day's 20% water change heavy planted lots of fish is that OK

Attachments

• IMG_20220122_100553.jpg
    IMG_20220122_100553.jpg
    354.5 KB · Views: 49
No way I clean my tank just bristle plac a bit thin don't get a chance to eat wafers even at night just thought I clean every 5 day's 20% water change heavy planted lots of fish is that OK
I am still struggling to follow what you mean. Can you break it down into short sentences with full stops?

What is a bristle plac?

I think he’s asking if his tank’s too clean because his bristlenose is looking thin despite him dropping in algae wafers overnight. He thinks the other fish may be eating the algae wafers

I think he’s asking if his tank’s too clean because his bristlenose is looking thin despite him dropping in algae wafers overnight. He thinks the other fish may be eating the algae wafers
If that is the case, the OP could increase the lighting time by an hour or two per day and encourage algae to grow on the glass. The bristlenose can eat that and chew on the driftwood, in addition to eating bottom feeding pellets.

They can also put a bottom feeding pellet/ wafer in the tank a couple of hours after the lights go out. Then most of the fish should be asleep and the bristlenose can enjoy its food.

Most reactions

Back