tank maintenance

new to fish world

Reaction score
:rolleyes: i havn't got a tank yet. i am doing some research before i get started. i am thinking of a 10Gallon tank for some small tropical fish. i am wondering about tank maintenace once the aquarium is established. do you ever empty the whole tank to clean? or is it always a matter of removing 25% and then adding water? also, how often does one need to add water, suction gravel and any other chores associated with tank maintenance? thank-you. any info or advice would be appreciated.

when you vaccuum the gravel, do it till 25% of water is out of tank, then fill. this way you kill two birds with one stone. to kill three, just vaccume when your water level starts dropping from evaporationm so you dont have to top off anything.

three birds..

edit: unless its in a humid room, where it doesnt evaporate. in that case, you can only kill two birds, every week or two.

You are very welcome :D

Feel free to ask any more questions, you might get more helpful replies if you post your questions in "Beginner Questions" though :)

P.S - it's not Fish Addict and Fish Crazy, It's Whiskerz and Handomeboy :p :D

Welcome to the forums by the way ;)

i'm also new to computers and forums! :huh: sorry about the name/forum mix up. i just realized last night that i was posting questions in the wrong place. :*) oops! thanks for the guidence.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back