Tank Disasters

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Danny-uk-carp.com

Reaction score
Have you had a tank smash??

I remember a time when you dad had a 5 foot tank, i was 13 and was off school because of shingle and my mum was there with a broken arm lol we sat there watching tv, when there was a loud cracking noise coming from behind, the pleco in the tank done one of it's dashes to the surface and knocked a piece of slate that sat in the tank. it hit the side of the tank and cracked it, the weight of the water must have pushed through and many gallons of water gushed onto the floor. There's my mum trying to move everything out the way and me well just trying to walk. We managed to get the sofa and chairs on the fire place and some of the furniture into the kitchen. The carpet was water logged. it took ages to hover it all up. we had to get a new carpet, luckly i had a 4 footer in my bedroom so i put most of the fish in there although sadly some of them died . That was a scary day do any of you have any stories to tell???? :sad:

We left our house to go to my parents for a get togehter. Their house is about a mile away. When we got there, we noticed we left something at our house. So I went back home to get it. I opened the front door and immediately I looked at the tank which was the biggest feature in the living room. Out from the corner seam about dead center was a solid arcing stream of water. THe arc was solid and clear with no fluctuations. I stood there for a moment not believeing or perhaps understanding what I was seeing. My eyes followed the stream to the rug below. There on the rug was a expanding dark circle about the size of a basketball. Only then did I spring into action and come out of my daze. I forget how I fixed it, as it was 8 years ago. But I felt fortunate that I had left whatever it was I had left at home. Had I not, I'm sure I would came back to 70 gallons of fishy water in our living room.

I guess I've just been lucky I've never had any serious incidents like this! The worst that happened to me was my pleco got his nose stuck in a snails shell!! He survived though :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back