Tanganyika Compat. w/ Size

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

xvrickh

Reaction score
I have a 30 gallon tank that is almost empty of fish as I have moved the fish from there into my larger tank. I was looking to make it a Tang. tank and include the following fish:

neolamprologus similis (4)
Black calvus (2-3)
lamprologus ocellatus (2-3)
Neolamprologus caudopunctatus(4)

Will this tank be too crowded and cause too much aggression/stress if i have the fish listed above together? I've read that the similis would probably be pushed around the most and I might want to leave them out. The tank has a hanging filter, heater at 76 F, pH between 8 and 9, sand substrate with snail shells and an unpolished conch shell for the bristlenose pleco (currently the only resident in the tank). If 3 of the four might work I would like to try the similis, calvus, and caudo.

I have a 30 gallon tank that is almost empty of fish as I have moved the fish from there into my larger tank. I was looking to make it a Tang. tank and include the following fish:

neolamprologus similis (4)
Black calvus (2-3)
lamprologus ocellatus (2-3)
Neolamprologus caudopunctatus(4)

Will this tank be too crowded and cause too much aggression/stress if i have the fish listed above together? I've read that the similis would probably be pushed around the most and I might want to leave them out. The tank has a hanging filter, heater at 76 F, pH between 8 and 9, sand substrate with snail shells and an unpolished conch shell for the bristlenose pleco (currently the only resident in the tank). If 3 of the four might work I would like to try the similis, calvus, and caudo.
All the lamprologus and neolamprologus would be way too stressed out, so I would stay stick to only one species. The calvus will need a 50-gallon tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back