Swortail Lethargic And Not Eating.

sagarc88

Reaction score
Hi, 

Im new to the forum but i have been reading other posts here for some time now. I have a 20G tank with 3 dalmatians molly, 1 panda platy, 1 female swordtail and 1 male swordtail. Since past 3 weeks, the male swordtail has been very lazy and not eating much. When this first started happening, i looked at other posts for swordtails not eating and they suggested to get a different type of food. I went out and got freeze dried brine shrimp. I have been alternating flakes and brine shrimp randomly. I have also tried the garlic method. All my other fish loves the new food and they are doing perfectly fine. But the swordtail just eats the food and spits it back out. He won't go to the top for food either like my other fish. He just stays in the middle of the tank as soon as it senses food and he will eat everything that comes it way and spit it back out. 

He's has also been just hiding behind the plants and inside the treasure chest thing thats in the tank. Unless food is put in, he rarely comes out. he just sits there. 3 weeks ago he was the most active fish we had. he would dart around and swim all over the tank. 

The last new fish i put in the tank are the 3 dalmatian mollies about a month ago. I don't see any bullying going on. the swordtail used to be the bully. I do about 20-25% water change every 2 weeks. When it first started, i also got the water tested at petco and they said the water was just fine. So I'm not sure what is wrong. I have attached pictures just in case you guys spot something wrong with him physically. 

I appreciate any help in advance. 

rsz_1dsc_0214.jpgrsz_dsc_0211.jpgrsz_dsc_0213.jpg

Most reactions

Back