Swords and guppies

Levine

Reaction score
I heard male swords can be fin nippers and I wouldnt want to put fancy guppies into my tank if theyre gonna be chewed on by my swords. Any advice would be great!

:) I never had any probelm with swordtails and guppies. It's best to have female swordtails, because the males would most likey fight among themselves. My tank has 13 guppies and one female swordtail and they get along great! In the past I did have 1 male and 3 female swordtails in with guppies with no problems! Hope this helps! :thumbs:

kinda off the topic, but i have 4 mollies and a male swordtail and he doesnt bother any of them. If anything my females are more in control of the tank that the swordtail is. They should be fine with the guppies.

I have a few fancy gups in with 4 male swords and 3 females,the males never bother anyone except themselves and try to mate with the females alot. :) They'll be allright. :)

I have that mixture - they're fine :)
standg.jpg

stg2.jpg

Thanks for the replies. I'll most likely be adding a dozen or so guppies May 28. I have been thinking about a decent sized gourami as well...but thats for another forum :p

Most reactions

Back