Swollen Betta

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

rjdoghouse

Reaction score
My male betta was looking a little thick in the body and I thought that it was due to age, as he is probably about 2 years old. Now his body has swollen up very large - it's like a round ball, with his scales stretched out very tight. He is a dark blue, but his body is now more of a clear peach colour, since his skin is so tight with the bloating. It doesn't look like dropsy - he is alert, eating well and still active - although he's more inclined to rest upon his plants now that he's so big. His scales are stretched out flat, rather than popping out like with dropsy.

Has anyone ever seen this happen to a betta (or other fish). I did see a picture in a book that looked like him, and it said it was a tumor, but there was no information at all about it, just the picture. I've had many many bettas over the years, usually have 4 or more at a time, and I've never seen this before.

Any help would be appreciated, as if there is something I can do for him, I'd like to do it.

Thanks!!

Yep...it's called constipation. Do you have any peas in the house...if so, cook some up, take the skins off, crush it up a little and feed it to him...after you do this fast him for 24-48 hours.

If his scales are sticking out, then it's dropsy, and that I don't know about.

Tiff

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back