Strawberries?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kribensis12

I know where you live
Reaction score
Can I feed my fish strawberries? Would it be good for them or bad for them adn what would it do to my water?

Can I feed my fish strawberries? Would it be good for them or bad for them adn what would it do to my water?

not sure why im replying cause im not 100% sure but i would say no :) i dont know if im way off or not but im thinking the glucose and little seeds may be bad. thats just whta i would think anyways

someone else may know differently :good:

lol i honestly have no clue neither:p umm... more answers will come round in the am as most people on here are from uk and sleeping i guess... or there us and just not on here:p lol iunno... neways only other reason then what was listed that i could think a would be any juice may turn ur water red but iunno if it would really:p lol

Murph

I think it would dirty up the water more then anything. Its has seeds so it might be ok for them. But I still think the water clarity would be a factor

Aren't strawberries pretty acidic? I agree it might make a mess with seeds etc. I don't know whether I'd like to risk it.... probably best to stick with recommended fruit and veg like cucumber, zucchini, lettuce...

I dout that it would cloud the water, or make the fish ill, but because I've never heard of strawberries being fed to fish, there's no certainty that it wont.

Hmm, personally i wouldn't do it unless your fish naturally have fruit in their diet in the wild, strawberries are very sugary and will probably not be that great for most types of fish.

Agree, and I haven't heard of any fish naturally having strawberries in their diet!

There are some fish that do eat fruit in the wild - I believe some of the larger characins in the Amazon for example.

However, chances are you don't have any fruit-eating fish. I'd say try a tiny section of a single berry, and see what happens. If nothing else it will sink and some snail or something will eat it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back