Strange Eggs... Or Somethingelse?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

It was probably the knot. I had trouble getting a grip on one to pull it tight. And I was running very late. But that is why they are double bagged. I am grateful that it worked out.

I am very glad they are eating. and are entertaining you. Have either of the fry shown themselves. I frankly will be amazed if they both make it.

Both fry came out to the front of the tank to eat tonight! :hyper:
They still look very healthy. :good:

Thanks. They are all doing great.
I do have a question though. They like the tubifex worm square things, but they won't stay stuck. They keep floating up to the top. Then they have trouble getting at it with it floating around. I bought a thing to hold it down, but I don't know how it goes.
View attachment 45250
This is what I got, and how I have it in the tank.
They keep trying to eat through those tiny holes. Can they get anything out through holes that small? I did catch one inside eating happily though. (just once)
Do I have this thing in there right, or is there a better way?
Thanks! :good:

It usually you can use the "worm feeder" for live worm like blood worms, grindel, white , black and such. Then they wiggle out of the small hole and fish can eat them. Especially for the top or middle feeding fish so the worms don't sink too quick for them to catch.
Usually do not need for the bottom feeder like corys. They will eat them either the worm sink quick or slow.

And you usally use the wormfeeder the other way around. You set at upside down. And I don't know what is the best way to feed the freeze dried tubifex worm beside stick them to the glass.
Maybe you can soak them for a while and maybe they will sink? I don't know.

Yeah, I never got a good system for feeding tubiflex. I hardly ever feed frozen or freeze dried now, unless I run out of live. But if the feeder is working for you, use it the best way it works. There are those clips with a plastic net to hold in greens for algae eaters. A piece of stiff netting and a plastic clip might work as a DIY.

Thank you!
I should have thought of that! It is always the easy stuff that I always overlook. I have a net and clip for cucumbers and such. Duh... :blush:
I am stuck with the freeze dried and such until I can get enough money and a fridge that won't freeze the live ones.

Thanks! :good:

Most reactions

Back