stocking levels

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I think 90 inches is rediculous however you look at it. But I also think it depends what type of fish.

Agreed--90 inches is absurd. While the specifics would depend on what fish you have, I would say a school of 5-6 small tetra, like pencil tetras, a trio of cories, and possibly one paradise fish or betta would max the tank.

Did you really mean to say 90"??? I don't think so, because that would make your stocking level 7 1/2" per gallon!!!!!!! :D
I think a small school of most small fish would look good in there, depends on your personal preferences!

yes the filter may cope but would hte fish? they need to live comfortably. I have a 13.5UK g tank and quite a bit in there - and I feel I could put a copule more small tetras in there. I think you can push the boundaries a little as long as the tank is maintained well but dont need to go ott!!!

The size of the filter is but one small component of meeting the needs of the fish. No matter how well filtered the water, that many fish just will not fit into your aquarium, soory. They will end up stressed, diseased, and aggressive. I understand wanting to have more fish, but I'd rather have a few healthy fish than lots of sickly ones.

Heya

You have to remember other factors such as surface area - the formular I was told to use was lngth x width / 30 = cm of fish. But it's less for fatter fish, of course. what fish are you hoping to have in there? maybe someone could advise you on how many of which fishes?

n I know it sucks having only a small tank :( my parents won't let me get another one either. when you move out, remember to move to a house with concrete floors :lol: :lol:

The filter on my 55g is rated at 320gph, but I'm not about to put an arowana in there as if I had a 320g tank!!
The 1" per gallon rule is for tank size, not filter size. I don't follow that rule either, but 90" in a 12g (14.5 US gallons) would leave you with practically no space for water!!! :lol:
I understand that you have only got a small tank, but be patient, you will be able to get a bigger tank one day!!!

Reasonably, 18" of fish, maximum. You could stretch it further, but you'd have to do pretty frequent water changes.

P.T.

Most reactions

Back