Spotted Rasboras Vs. Harlequin Rasboras

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Troke

Reaction score
For weeks now I've been trying, and still am trying, to get one of the few fish stores around here to get me in some Spotted Rasboras for me to put in my tank with my lone Honey Gourami, but have been finding it difficult. It sounds like I'll get them eventually but it'll take quite a while. So, despite having my heart set on the Spotted Rasboras, I've been considering going with the Harlequin Rasboras instead which appear to be stocked in great numbers in each store I go to.

I was wondering if these Rasboras would be okay for the 10 gallon tank I have with the Honey in it. I plan to get 6 or so. Are they similar to the Spotted in regards to temperament and whatnot?

Without exception, Rasboras are peaceful shoaling fish. You should always aim to keep a decent sized group, say 6 or more. In a tank that small, 6 Harlequins and the gourami are going to be plenty full.

No idea how Gourami's act around Rasboras.

But i've got 11 harlequins, they're not as active as me Dwarf Neon Rainbow fish (praecox), but they're bloody inquisitive fella's.

They tend to suck on me hand when ever it's in the tank, and every time the gravel vac is in the tank they swim up the tube turn around and then swim flatout against the current, 4 or 6 at a time.

I've also noticed with mine if they eat the cory's shrimp pellets they go a really bright red.

So mine at least are very peaceful, very inquisitive fish that would brighten up most aquariums :)

Cheers
Mark

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back