Spotted Mandarin

crazyforcordoras

CLASH OF CLANS!!!!
Reaction score
Hi, I have been considering a spotted mandarin for some time.i would like to add one to mynano. It's 5 months old. Is there anything I should know? Should I wait longer? Give me your opinion. (please) thanks in advance! :good:

Crazyorcordoras

Hi, I have been considering a spotted mandarin for some time.i would like to add one to mynano. It's 5 months old. Is there anything I should know? Should I wait longer? Give me your opinion. (please) thanks in advance! :good:

Crazyorcordoras

If this the 10g you are referring to in another section, then my answer is no. Three fish pushes the stocking already.

I have to agree with LLJ. I wouldn't want to add any more fish into 10g as I think that your are right on the limit of stocking.

Added to this Mandarin fish can be very finicky fish - some will only accept live food. If this is the case a 5 month old tank would not have a large enough pod population to keep it alive long term. You would then be into trying to culture them separately (which isn't difficult, just another thing to think about)

They are also slow and timid fish, so without reading back through your thread, you would have to make sure they weren't putting it with anything boisterous.

Sadly - many people buy them without realising that they can be hard to care for and they perish.

I know this may not be the answer that you want but hope it helps.

Will it work in the other tank once it is mature? It has two mocha clowns in it and will soon have a rose anemone and a tridacnid.

Again sorry - but I wouldn't.

I know that lots of people say that you can but I wouldn't even like to have a pair of clowns in a tank that small.

Again sorry - but I wouldn't.

I know that lots of people say that you can but I wouldn't even like to have a pair of clowns in a tank that small.

Nor would I have an anemone with the possible exceptions of maximinis and rock flower anemones in a 10g. I'm sorry, again, probably not advice you feel like hearing. None of my picos have anemones. Only my 36g does and I waited until it was at least 6 months and they're rock anemones, which are very easy compared to other species.

L

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back