Spots On German Blue Ram

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Starvinmarvin

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Last night i noticed some white spots on one of my german blue ram's head.

To me it does not look like white spot, i have had white spot in my tank alot and i have to say these spots look different.

I don't think that it is the pattern of the fish as i have noticed them before.

Does anyone have any ideas what it could be?

Any chance of a pic? if not a more deatailed description would be good, spot size (in relation to white spot size), colour etc

Sorry can't post a pic otherwise i would, the spot's are quite big, i'm not really sure what size, they are twice the size of white spot size in my opinion, they seem to be a white/yellow colour!!

a pic def would help.... and I don't know why you can't post pics....

Anyways, might be a fungal infection. Is it right on top of it's head or on the side closer to the gills?

a pic def would help.... and I don't know why you can't post pics....

Anyways, might be a fungal infection. Is it right on top of it's head or on the side closer to the gills?

I cannot post a pic because i don't have a digital camera at the moment and my mobile phone takes very poor pictures, i am investing in a new digital camera at christmas.

The spots are right on top of the ram's head, they could be part of the pattern on him but i have never noticed them before, it does not look like white spot so i'm not quite sure what it could be.

Ive never had a Cichlid with hole in the head, but Discus are def prone to it. If its white patches it could be a fungus or slime disease. You really need to get a camera for a piccy :)

Ive never had a Cichlid with hole in the head, but Discus are def prone to it. If its white patches it could be a fungus or slime disease. You really need to get a camera for a piccy :)

Discus are cichlids :good:

Well, yer true, i dont really class them as a Cichlid due to their nature etc but you are correct.

Well, yer true, i dont really class them as a Cichlid due to their nature etc but you are correct.

Haha, ya sorry to be a d*ck. i'll agree that they are a very specialized cichlid, just like angels and are almost a different family entirely

do the spots look anything like the markings in the linked pictures?

blue ram

some of the pictures show some faint white spotting and markings blue on the head, that are normal, do they look like these or something else?

Andrew

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back