Split from Nmonk's sand topic

erm depending on theie wattage.

I think its recomened something like 2watts for every gallon, I could be worng. I'm not too sure off the top of my head :D

I tend to have too lights, one designed to show off the colour of the fish really well and one that has output mainly aimed at plants. I use Arcadia lights :) cheap and cheerful and they work a treat.

the tank has 2 lights at 25w each , would adding reflectors really double the amount of light the plants would get ???

i got silver sand from home base today , hope this is the right stuff lol , would adding say 1" of pond soil and 2" of sand be enough for the plants?? also if i add some snails will that be enough to aerate the sand along with loads of corys ???

Erm I'm not sure on the silver sand, I've always been told children's play sand is better, but then is silver sand the same :S /me isnt quite sure...

That shoulds like a decent layering tyhats about what I have, or did till my BN decided to rescape the sand for me lol

silver and play are the same as i recall...although once i saw a bag of silver/play sand that said on the front "Not safe for use in aquariums" so I would make sure to read all the writing on the bag to check for any warnings.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back