special bettas

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Hoplesswfish

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
HI

I think I am addicted I started with a 8 gallon tank that I got my son for easter. :D Then I got my first betta then I got another one now I have two more betta homes and I am looking for new bettas. I like the crowntail bettas but I haven't found any around my house. I have only seen the regular bettas at walmart, petco, and petsmart. I don't really like to go to those places to get fish but I haven't found any good pet stores with bettas. Does any one know a good sight to get them were you don't have to pay 5x the amount of the fish for shipping. :fish:

i dont know about the shipping costs..

im in canada so its $$$$$$$$$$$ for me..

but in usa you can probably get shipping for $15 maybe if its warm... they can be shipped in like 2 days... much cheaper than overnight..

www.aquabid.com

check out individuals there... some do priority shipping which sounds right for you

Go to aquariumfish.net they have reasonable prices and shipping costs (24.95 for overnight no matter how many fish you buy in your order...) and lots of different fish including bettas....They also have lots of useful information for beginners...that is where I got Doofus my butterfly betta...here is a picture of him...

Doofus.jpg

BC Bettas/Majestic bettas do have some beautiful bettas...but they will be a little pricey though for a starter betta...

Aquariumfish.net

shipping is always going to be expensive-if you want your betta to arrive alive.
priority is often the cheapest but thats 3 days or something. i wouldnt trust the postal service with my betta for 3 days!

I get most of my bettas from Chinatown. The red betta in my signature is from Petco - I got really lucky on that one because I know what to look for when the fins are 'relaxed'. Mostly everyone else goes for the 'long, flowy fins'.

I found my crowntail and other unusual color patterns from petco. If you just keep checking sometimes a good one gets shipped with the common bettas.

Most people around here are retarded and wouldn't know a good betta if it fin slapped them in the face so I get lucky.

Just keep looking :thumbs:

i love bettatalk but she overrates her bettas and overprices them. half of my bettas came from there. she doesnt give pics of the bettas you are buying either.

Itty bitty betta

What do you look for when the fin is relaxed. Alot of fish stores by me put this blue stuff in the water and it's hard to even see whet color they are. do you have any good info?

Hoplesswfish said:
Itty bitty betta

What do you look for when the fin is relaxed. Alot of fish stores by me put this blue stuff in the water and it's hard to even see whet color they are. do you have any good info?
I bypass the color (unless it's opaque black or white) and look for tail-shape. If it looks like what's at the end of a broomstick, then it's a symmetrical (delta, super-delta, halfmoon). That's how I got "Justin", the red betta in my signature. If none show that, then look for even finnage. Make sure it is smooth, no dents or bends or curls in the rays, the rays flow together with one another. Here is my veiltail. I usually bypass them since they are common, but this guy had really nice even fins.

post-22-1084681942.jpg

post-22-1084681995.jpg

post-22-1084682062.jpg

post-22-1084682715.jpg

well if they put the "blue stuff" in the water-that means they are probably a better pet store. the blue stuff is methylene blue and it helps in shipping and with the bettas being all stressed in the cups.

Most reactions

Back