Something is happening to my plants

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

cbster

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have three sae's in my tank (for about 8 months now) and my Cryptocoryne wendtii "green" plant leaves are getting eaten or something. they look like they get part of them eaten in middle of the leaf and the leaf breaks in half. it is like they get real thin not eaten all the way through. so I don't know if they are getting eaten or if I have some sort of nutrient shortage or what. they grow new leaves so I am thinking they get eaten but everything I read say sae's don't eat plants. does anyone have any ideas?

My Crypts seem to do something similar to this- the stems go 'mushy' and translucent as if they've been crushed/nibbled all the way up, and then this extends to the leaf.

I was told that this 'Crypt melt' was just something they do, and in time the leaves grow back.

Maybe but it looks messy and leaves nasty dead much at the base of the plants.

Any extra info would be appreciated.. ;)

underground, how long have you had yourcrypts? they often get crypt melt whne theyve just planted/replanted or if the water conditions change, but they shouldnt do it forever.

clutterydrawer said:
underground, how long have you had yourcrypts? they often get crypt melt whne theyve just planted/replanted or if the water conditions change, but they shouldnt do it forever.
Word, I only just planted all my plants, including the Crypts...

sorted then :D theyll look icky for a bit but should sort themselves out after a while. i had a gorgeous crypt wendtii about 5" tall and after i uprooted it to change my substrate it melted down to about 1.5". the horror!

hope your new plants do well :)

That is probably what is happening I just uprooted everything for a different look and thin some stuff out. thanks alot everyone again.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back