Some sad news

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

cowgirluntamed

Fish Herder
Reaction score
But yet I guess it is good in a way. For those that have read my previous threads I had started...I know have identified what killed my betta....and a tetra...and now one of my new guppies that I put in the betta tank. (I had left this 5 gallon running since it had my crypt wendtii growing in it. It had been without fish for a couple months I think. Maybe less. Anyway, I was just looking at the guppies at petsmart and found two gorgeous males that were almost twins. Romulus and Remus.

Anyway...I noticed the little white worm things in the tank again after i got the guppies. The water level was still low in the tank and I noticed longer things. I identified them as some sort of nematode.... Remus got white stringy poo and all I had on hand was API General Cure for parasites.

I just started treating that tank Thursday but unfortunately Remus got dropsy. So i will more than likely lose him soon. :(. Also, I lost a tetra in my 20 gallon as well due to wasting away. This is when I figured it was more an internal parasite. Another tetra is also skinny but I treated that tank with the general cure a couple weeks ago and so far so good. Everybody is eating.

So...unfortunate news but at least I identified the culprit finally. And I do believe they came in with some plants from eBay I did not quarantine or treat before placing in the tank. I was planning on upping these guys to a ten gallon eventually too.

So...now I have a guppy in another ten gallon with 8 nerite snails. I've had him awhile. he seems to have gotten bloated for whatever reason(acting normally other than looking fat). So I'm fasting him to get that under control. Could be age...not sure. He's about 2 years old now I think. Anyway, 4 of these nerite snails will go in the 20 gallon soon and the others will stay in this one. I figured I was going to put this lonely guppy in with the tetras in a bigger tank when I get it ready but if I lose Remus, I guess this guy can go in with the other one in a ten gallon. As long as I deem them both healthy first.

I did have one question, i know there are feed through wormers but I don't know the names. I'm sure these would probably be better. Any suggestions?

Hmmm...I think that's it for now. Hopefully I'm at an end to this battle and can start enjoying my tanks more since I now know what to fix!

Research camallanus worms. Also sometimes bloat can be helped with a raw blanched pea.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Research camallanus worms. Also sometimes bloat can be helped with a raw blanched pea.

Thanks. He doesn't have worms. His poop looked fine last time I saw it and nothing new has been introduced to that one. I did use a pea the other day and I think I will do another one tomorrow and then fast for a couple days and go from there.

Unfortunately Remus did pass last night. But at least his suffering is ended.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back