Snails-

wesa

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My snail is laying pink eggs under the lid of my aquarium cover. They usually dont stick and fall into the water but the last 2 batches have stuck. It's been about a month now but the eggs didnt hatch.

How can i make the next batch of eggs hatch?(which is usually next water change)

PS-anyone know what i can do to help my snails with their shells? They're kinda deteriorating. I raised the ph and that helped, but most of the "holes" are still there :/

Well cracks or holes n the shell mean bad water quality and the eggs that are a month old are dead.The snail pink snail eggs your talking about can't go under water and If you have 2 inches space of glass the eggs should be fine if you don't fool around with themoh and please post your water stats and how big is the tank. Oh and be careful snails produce a lot of waste and can over run your tank hope this helped if you have anymore questions please ask

Hi wesa,

Take a look at this site http://www.applesnail.net/content/multi_la...ges/english.htm
it should answer your questions, regarding the soft shells i think you can buy a calcium product to add to the water have a look at a few snail wbsites and see what they recommend. Alternatively i have heard of people placing a piece of cuttlefish in the tank for the snails to rasp on and get their calcium this way (the kind you would buy for a bird to eat).

Hope this helps

Emma

hey thanks for the replies, my tank is a 29 gallon and i clean the tank about once a month. im gonna try to get something for calcium. Will the holes ever repair?

By the way. . . what's the best food for my snails? I mainly feed them shrimp pellets and algae discs

i feed mine fresh cucumber every day or 2

they normally eat it all the day its put in

jmaster

this may be dumb, but, would a rock like limestone with a lot of calcium in it work?

Most reactions

Back