Apple snail

Jooo

Reaction score
Ok so Iā€™m kinda new the this but hopefully I have the basics down now fingers crossed, I have quite a new setup 50litre tank that has now been up an running around three months, all my nitrate an so on are good, I recently added a couple of nitre snails an apple snail to my tank with my fighter fish all seemed good then my apple snail spent maybe 14hours layed kinda on the side no movement I lifted it out nothing it was hard on the bottom decided to return it in the tank it finally started moving a few hours later but it looks like itā€™s shell is kinda failing off when it moves, any help would be great as from what Iā€™ve read the last thing I want is to leave it suffering Iā€™ll attach some pics thanks Jo

Attachments

• IMG_4412.jpeg
    IMG_4412.jpeg
    360.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4414.jpeg
    IMG_4414.jpeg
    338.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4418.jpeg
    IMG_4418.jpeg
    393 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4419.jpeg
    IMG_4419.jpeg
    397.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4423.jpeg
    IMG_4423.jpeg
    370.2 KB · Views: 14
Looks normal to me. The shell seems held normally from the pics . Apple snails have a regular calcareous shell (the spiral part) and an operculum (the dark oval part). The operculum is attached to the foot but is not part of the shell if that's what's worrying you. All looks fine to me.

Thatā€™s great thank you for that, Iā€™m guessing it was just hiding away then for the first week ish an not coming out of its shell fully till it settled in. Iā€™ve never seen a snail move so fast šŸ˜‚ Thanks again Jo

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back