Small alge problem

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Mikaila31

Always Watching
Reaction score
I've had a little bit of a agle problem for a couple of months. There is hardly any alge in the tank, it grows in the tubes to the filter. I unhook the tubs evey other week and clean them, but then alge keeps comming back. Then after some searching I found some alge on the underside of the lid, it's really green. Does anyone know what to do to kill this alge? (alge destroyers can't kill it because it's not really in the water)

would it help if i lowered the water level or turn the lights of? :dunno:

Only keep the lights on for 12 hours each day. That should help with the algae growth. If the algae that is growing on the tubes actually in the water, try getting either a SAE or GAE. Dont get CAE as they wont eat algae when they get older and grow agressive.

azn1stknightsoul said:
Only keep the lights on for 12 hours each day. That should help with the algae growth. If the algae that is growing on the tubes actually in the water, try getting either a SAE or GAE. Dont get CAE as they wont eat algae when they get older and grow agressive.
[snapback]896056[/snapback]​

you could try buying some cooli loaches they love to crawl in your under gravel filter and tubes, if your external filter is large enought they will even swim in there! another suggestion is bristlenose plecs they get anywere :alien:

Most reactions

Back