Silly question!!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

candrews999

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a silly question but I'll ask anyway......when doing a water change can I add all my water treatment to the 1st bucket of water?
Also can anyone recommend a really quiet air pump?
Thank you

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You should really add the required amount for each bucket as you fill them up. Otherwise you're putting untreated water in your tank.

I would treat each bucket when you use buckets for replacement water. If you are using a Python connected to the tap and the water flows directly into the aquarium you add the conditioner needed for the replacement volume when you begin to fill.

You can use a dropper with a measurement scale (available from drug and grocery stores) to add two or three drops (whatever number according to the conditioner) to the bucket of water. I add these drops just after I start filling at the tap so the water and conditioner will mix better without my having to stir.

As for quiet air pumps, I have a couple of Fusion pumps and I cannot hear them at all; I have to check for the bubbles to be certain they are running.

I too put the dechlorinator in the bottom of the bucket then run the water in at full speed. My son (PhD chemist) says that should be sufficient to mix the dechlorinator in completely within a couple of minutes.

I have an almost silent Eheim air pump powering the sponge filter in my betta's tank. The previous JBL air pump could be heard upstairs.

Thanks for the advice everyone I'm adding my fish to my new tank today and I'm a little nervous about it! [emoji51]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back