Silk Or Live Plants

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Floyds mum

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I have fry on the way and i need some soft silk plants (e.g.http://www.petsathome.com/shop/green-fern-aquarium-plants-by-supa-16362) Or live plants (cabomba).

Im wanting to create enough cover so some of the fry might make it to adulthood, of course i dont want to be overrun with them.
Im open to "offers" if anyone has any plants please post a pic and let me know the price.

I have the following if anyone would want to swap plants for:

1X 2m (i think) brand new airline
3X smallest size airstones
1X DIY sponge filter (canister, 1" width pipe, gravel and sponge)
Various fishy books
Spawning mops - Acrylic wool tassles tied to cork

I have Java moss in lots of 100g, about £5.50 + p&p at 1.50

I have Java moss in lots of 100g, about £5.50 + p&p at 1.50

Is it tied to anything? the times ive tried tieing it to anything its not worked :unsure:

EDIT: if something like java moss would prefer it to be tied to something (e.g. bogwood, lava rock etc)

It is loose. In bare fry tanks, I use it loose, but in display tanks, I prefer to tie it down.. what did you use to fix it down? I prefer nylon string because it does not rot away after a while and I find that works well.

It is loose. In bare fry tanks, I use it loose, but in display tanks, I prefer to tie it down.. what did you use to fix it down? I prefer nylon string because it does not rot away after a while and I find that works well.

I used cotton string cos it rots away but the moss didnt take.
Im wanting it for cover for fry ive got coming soon. Have you got any pics of it in your fry tanks?.
Does it float?

I haven't got any pics right now, I have recently taken to bare fry tanks! I can get photos of the moss in a couple of weeks, but I guess that's a bit too long? :unsure: No, it doesn't float: if you loosen it up a bit, it sinks, although it will gently tumble about in a current.

I haven't got any pics right now, I have recently taken to bare fry tanks! I can get photos of the moss in a couple of weeks, but I guess that's a bit too long? :unsure: No, it doesn't float: if you loosen it up a bit, it sinks, although it will gently tumble about in a current.

Oh right thanx

have you considered floating lettuce the roots are great for fry to hide in. i have some for sale if your interested please let me no thanks?

Or riccia? I don't have any spare atm, but that also works well if you want floating :)

Or riccia? I don't have any spare atm, but that also works well if you want floating :)

Im open to anything, i have bought some floating plant from someone off here, arrived in brilliant condition, but it was lots of little bits. I dont know about floating plants but im open to new ideas:D

But if you post a pic of it ill let you know.

Bought a mixed lot from lfs today, cabomba and 2 others looks great.

Im open to anything, i have bought some floating plant from someone off here, arrived in brilliant condition, but it was lots of little bits. I dont know about floating plants but im open to new ideas:D

But if you post a pic of it ill let you know.

Bought a mixed lot from lfs today, cabomba and 2 others looks great.

Can let you have 2 plastic riccia and silk pennywort, mini anubia and sword type plants at £1.99 each plus postage. They have plastic covered weights so will stay on the bottom. Bought a big box of plants on Ebay, used some for my tanks and can sell the rest at cost price. Will email photos of all plants if you give me your email address

Can let you have 2 plastic riccia and silk pennywort, mini anubia and sword type plants at £1.99 each plus postage. They have plastic covered weights so will stay on the bottom. Bought a big box of plants on Ebay, used some for my tanks and can sell the rest at cost price. Will email photos of all plants if you give me your email address

Pics would be great thanx: cookiemistress at hotmail.co.uk
Thanx

Most reactions

Back