SICK SICK SICK FISH

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Angel Lady

Pet of the Month Leader
Reaction score
How does this happen for no reason I have noticed my pleco has it and my sharks and my amgels also my betta The P H dropped again for no reason about three days ago I noticed my fish this morning and every one of them has fin and tail rot would maracyn be ok to treat all the fish with it seems like everytime I add something to the water my pleco starts acting real strange I dont want to hurt him but he wont live if his fins anf tail rots off neither could some one please tell me what to do to treat this and mabey some reason why they all got it at once. The smallest angel that I posted earlier about doesnt have it I have done so well with them lately I knew it was time for something to break out I cant seem to have any luck with my fish. I can go a month or longer and then it hits me all at once.

I'm sorry to hear about all your troubles...I wish I knew what to tell ya that may help but I'm pretty stumped myself. Just wanted to let ya know someone out here saw your post and offer some support..

i know what you mean i ve had loads of problems fungal infections, dropsy, internal parasites etc. im the same i go about a month and then 1 fish gets sick and then they all go down with it in a matter of hours.

What size is your tank and list the exact fish you have and length, the problems may stem from overstocking. What are your tank meters like? May also be compatibility issues.

I have the angels in a 10 gallon and they are by thier self and a 1 in pleco the readings are 0 anf the Ph is 6.8 I know they are a bit crowded but the 55 gallon will be up and running soon

they are 2 angels and 1 inch pleco and 2 little baby mollies in the 10 gallon everyone of my tanks have tail and fin rot in them I dont know what caused this the other 10 gallon has a baby red tail shark in it and 2 three inch mollies and 1 pleco my 20 long has my black shark and my rainbow shark and a male betta and 1 pleco all the readings in each tank is 0 ammonia and 0 nitrites 5 nitrates the p h is 6.8 in the tanks with the angels, the tank with the red tail ph is 7.0 the other one is 6.8

Do you use the same net in all your tanks??

Do you wash your hands before going from tank to tank??

Most diseases are easily transmitted thru these types of actions. Ich for instance can be transferred from one tank to another by infected nets and even by your hands!!

Just trying to find the root cause of why ALL your tanks have this!!

CM

I have got a net I use for each different tank I keep the same net by the tank it goes for as for hand ashing I always wash my hands I had gill flukes passed threw a water bucket doing a water change needless to say I always watch my self now.

Well the only other possibility is an airborne disease.

How close together are the tanks?

CM

they are only two that sits together I can believe that with those two but the other tanks are in the other room.

Ok how bout this....are the tanks positioned near heat vents where an airborne pathogen may travel thru the duct and into the other room??

I know this sounds far fetched, but stay with me on this one.

CM

I have window units and it is 2 rooms away from the other ones the baby angel is worse this mornig it is staying at the bottom now it could pass threw the other rooms but it just doesnt seem likely

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back