Sick Molly Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

HPMOM

Reaction score
Hi,
My name is Heather, I am new to having fish, have had fish 2-3 months.  I recently had worms in the tank, planaria I believe (thin white worms). I had 2 molly fishes, one started sitting on the bottom on the tank, not swimming much and not eating, rubbing itself against things. The other Molly's abdomen got big. We treated the tank with a general cure for parasites medication. The next day the bloated fish was dead, we think it may have had worms. The other molly improved and started to swim around. She was seeming to get better, but she has lost a lot of weight and still looks like she is losing and very thin. She is eating good now, seems like one gill maybe a little red and seems to flash to the side sometimes. What is wrong with her? Does she have internal parasite? I am afraid she may die. The water parameters were good a few days ago.

Members will be able to better advise if we know more data.  When you say water parameters were "good," can you give the test numbers please?  And how was this tank cycled?  What is the tank volume, and are you doing regular water changes and how much, how often?  Temperature?

Byron.

P.S.Welcome to TFF.
welcomeani.gif

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back