Sick killing method, STOP!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you shouldn't fish for sharks there numbers are rapidly declineing and we want them around for cancer research.

but they taste so good :/

But it brings out the cynical nature in all of us. Besides the debate, though repetative and sometimes quite funny, is quite enlightening.

We had a neighbor dog who would come over every night and kill chickens. Sometimes in the day. We warned the neighbor that if the dog keeps coming over we will put it down. Over the next month every day he came for a visit and chickens dies. Finally my dad got tired of it and caught the dog. Took his 22 to it and the bullet bounced off it's thick skull. Dog went running away yipping. My dad grabbed his 30/30 and shot it again. Killed it that time. If you're going to uthenize a fish with a gun do it right and use a 30/30 or larger. Shotgun at very close range should work. :D

I say do what you think is right for your fish. No one elses decision sorry can't spell right now :X brain fart :hey: lets not argue about this issue you may get other members angry which i cna tell some are

Shotgun to the head at close range? Are you tring to kill the dog or make paste? That's stupid. Not to mention that I'm pretty sure it's illegal, not to mention cruel thing to shoot someone elses dog. I never shot at the dogs that tried to kill our chickens, we chased the thing off, even the one that tried to kill OUR dog. If I were to have to put an animal down (Not fish) then I would do it at extreme close range with a handgun. Now, personally I think this is a good topic because it gets peoples blood going, and face it people, we need a little fight to keep us good once in a while. :rolleyes: If I had a fish that was dying from old age, then I'd feed it to a bigger fish, one gulp and it's done. Other than that I think you should do what's quick and what your stomach can handle. Some of us are of the squemish nature, so if you have to, let someone else do it. OH, and to those people who want us to "TAKE CARE OF YOUR FISH WHILE THEY'RE ALIVE" Hello, unless you live in some sort of dark hole attached to your rear you know that things die!! It's a natural thing that happens! Sure it sucks and all, but god, your fish aren't going to live forever, and neither are you, so deal with it and live!

Now everyone go look at your fish tank and feel the calm..... :fun:

if ur fish is dying enough to euthanize it most of the time its of a disease,u cant feed a disease to another fish or it will get it too. :no:

Thus why I said..... [/QUOTE]If I had a fish that was dying from old age, then I'd feed it to a bigger fish, one gulp and it's done.
Another peeve, people who don't read posts close enough....

Found this on a guppy board I visit, although, as "uncle Scott" says, it has been taken from other sources...I thought it was interesting, given the original topic...

(Uncle Scott says:) "I found the following (taken from a note on the rainbowfish mailing list)useful in thinking about the issue of aquarium fish euthanasia. As more data becomes available, the scientific community changes it's thinking on these issues too. I would also guess not everyone would agree with it. Still it is worthy of your consideration:

The Australia and New Zealand Council for the Care of Animals in Research and Teaching have a publication titled "Euthanasia of Animals Used for Scientific Purposes", has three categories of assessment of euthanasia techniques for fish. These are recommended, acceptable with reservations and not acceptable.

Recommended:
Halothane, MS-222, benzocaine, eugenol, clove oil

Acceptable with reservations:
Injection with Sodium pentobarbitone (Stressful because of need to remove from water)
Stunning and brain destruction, cervical dislocation, decapitation in stunned or anaesthetized fish

Not acceptable:
Carbon dioxide, Cervical dislocation in large fish, decapitation alone, removal from water, hypothermia/ freezing. (The reason they say the use of cold shock is unacceptable is the length of time it takes the fish to become unconscious."

Hmmm, I'm about ready to let them just die in the tank.... at least there at home and in the water...

in bio chem class, they put the fish in alchohol. what does alchohol do to them?? i mean, how does it kill them?

i think they put alchohol in the water....not just put the fish in it pure...but i'm not sure, cuz it wasn't my class.

Ok, so Im now living in a dark hole attatched to my own backside. Yeah, right. :p

I think I know by now that things die. sure then, why not let nature take its course.

And does it really matter how you kill the fish anyway? Its still gonna be dead after you've used whichever method you prefer. :/

It won't matter to the fish one way or another. :-(

I apologize if my opinion offends anyone :D

And i think everyone should just drop this one now. Its been done many times. If Wolfie wants to stomp his fish, he should get on with it as he undoubtedly will. :sick:

Yeah, totally true plecoperson...I think we should just drop this conversation too. It's not helping anybody talking about better methods on how to kill your fish...
We should be talking about how to help our fish stay healthy rather than wait for them to get so sick that the only thing to do is kill them...prevention is better than a cure.

Geez...

When fish get old, fish get unhealthy. Whatever you do, however well you keep them, they eventually reach the end of the road, and nothing is gonna change that. As to it doesnt matter to the fish, try torturing someone on his deathbed, before he dies.

P.T.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back