Sick Corydoras.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Noahsfish

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I've noticed one of my 6 panda corydoras in a 20 gallon has what appears to be swim bladder disease..he can't keep from floating up. Is it a good idea to isolate him and treat him separately, and apart from peas and water changes, are there any other things that could help cure him? I moved him to a cycled and heated 5 gallon, shut the lights off and am preparing to do a 50%ish water changes daily. Should I move him back to the main group? Oh, and the inhabitants of the 5 gallon are RCS and a dwarf puffer...I know the dp could cause problems, but she's still young and fairly docile seeming.

Wooooow, ok, this tank went downhill very fast! I came home about 25 minutes ago and found lots of dead fish...the stocking was

6 harlequin rasboras
6 panda corydoras
1 dalmation Molly

I do water changes every other day and vacuum substrate. Water sits at 77, lots of plants...no chemicals added. Didn't even notice, but I guess my rasboras are very Ill as well....I found 2 of them dead and another 1 of the corycats wedged under a decoration (still breathing). The rasboras are covered in this white, almost mucus looking stuff...its like a horror seen watching them trying desperately to school, I just now removed the Molly into a 2.5 gallon temporarily because he was pecking at them....I'm really at a loss as to what to do, I'm scheduled to leave Monday and was planning on bringing the fish in sunday. I was planning on shutting the tank down and giving all the fish to a lfs..now I have 4 very sick rasboras, which I won't be surprised to find dead, a dalmation Molly who could be diseased in a small 2.5 gallon (cycled and heated) and 6 corycats 2 which are pretty much gone.

Wow, and just yesterday everything seemed fine, never had a tank go downhill so fast....nor this many casualties, it's really despressing ;(.

This may sound stupid, but you used water conditioner during water changes right? (Just ruling out any possibility)
And I feel you, I had awful luck with corys, losing them all despite having ideal water parameters, tank, and diet. They died one by one of the same thing almost instantly. I think these guys are very sensitive so even the smallest thing can harm them, or even kill them. Sorry to hear :(

Think you got in a minicycle. Test Ammonia and nitrite (esp. the first one).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back