🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

StrontiumDog

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hi,

I have 2 female and 1 male guppies.

Problem is when i come into the room where the tank is situated they go and hide in the corner of the tank at the back........................but some times when i creep up to the tank they are swimming freely around until they notice me ( or anybody else dont think i'm that ugly :p )

I have kept guppies many years ago and never noticed this type of thing :no:

Any ideas as to whats going on

maybe they r getting stressed out by something. have u been putting ur hands in the tank too often? maybe thats whats stressing them out. i maybe wrong as i am new to fish. but i'm learning quickly :fun:

No it not that :no:

even if u dont make a sound coming up to the tankas soon as they see u ............... ther'e in hiding mode?

The little stinkers! If your tank is truely cycled (0 nitrite and 0 ammonia) then it won't be high levels of one of those stressing them out... You've only had them for a short while. Use live treats like bloodworm to coax them to be around when you are. I'd feed very small amounts more often so that they start thinking of you as the food guy/gal. Mine try to swim through the glass to get to me - but I've had them forever and they are very used to me. :D HTH

ALASKA

Sorry JA

Not that either they come out for food no problem and even more so for the frozen blood worm ( bad experience with live stuff ) Defrosted properly to.

Its Miffing me :/

How long have you had them in your tank? Sometimes new fish will hide a lot until they comfortable with the new tank and the noises that come with the new home. :)

Never had a problem with my guppys doing that, mines has always been so tame, for example if your hand was in the water they nip away at your hands etc! probably cause i'm always beside my main tank they have grown used to me!

Think it may be to do with to site of the tank ie: in hall way

But saying that i just went down stairs looked in the tank and they're dancing with thier refections on the front glass of the tank. Put my finger up against the tank ( note didn't tap ) and they started to shy away a bit. Removed my finger they came back.

Wonder if my Misses has been giving them brave pill or summit :rofl: :rofl:

Most reactions

Back