Shrimp And Pearl Gouramis?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ben M

Formerly pest control
Reaction score
hi, i have a 4ft 216l community tank. it houses 3 otto's 20 copper harlequins, 5 harlequins, 3 serpae tetras, 3 cardinal tetras, 4 rummynose tetras, 5SAE's and 4 kribs. i am selling the kribs and replacing them with 10 bronze corys. i am also getting 10 more otto's, and would love to get some cherry shrimp, and possibly some other shrimp species. but i have been looking for a centre piece fish. i like the pearl gourami, i was thinking of getting a pair, but would they be ok with the shrimp, or would they eat them? and are all of my other fish ok with shrimp?

cheers :good:

i like the pearl gourami, i was thinking of getting a pair, but would they be ok with the shrimp, or would they eat them? and are all of my other fish ok with shrimp?

cheers :good:

I have pearls with amano and cherry shrimp (I always type cheery shrimp!) they are totally uninterested in each other. The shrimp are quick enough to get out of there way. The gouramis have upturned mouths and it's difficult for them to get down low enough to attck the shrimpys. Not sure about your other fish - I'm sure someone will enlighten you...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back