Sexing Indian Banded Gourami

TerrorJay

Reaction score
I have recently brought two Indian Banded Gourami, they are very shy and always hide unless it is feeding time and that is the only time that I ever see them.

But my question is that these two gourami are always hiding together, I am thinking that they are a male and female, but Im not sure.

I can not find very much information on these fish and any info anyone can shed on my gouramis would be appreciated.

Im also thinking of getting some more next time I go the the lfs, but I am unsure of how many I can have in my tank. I have a 65g with 2 bronze cories, 2 peppered cories, 3 guppies (1 male, 2 females), 2 bristlenose plecos, 6 wcmms and a rtbs. the rtbs is only small and really shy as well.

TerrorJay

In Colisa fasciatus males have more intense colour and a pointed dorsal fin. When the fish are adult the sexes are quite obvious to distinguish. Your tank has little fish in the upper and middle water levels so there is room for quite a few more species. However, I wouldn't keep to may of this species as males are likely to become territorial. :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back