setting up guppy tank?

ive done a bit of research, and i think a betta sorority might be a bit hard for me, because they might fight with each other and i dont have a spare tank for separating them.
ive been looking at cherry barbs, they like soft water as far as ive seen, and theyre apparently good beginner fish. the minimum tank size has been different from website to website. do you think my tank would be big enough for them?
EDIT: no, my tank is definitely too small haha

ive done a bit of research, and i think a betta sorority might be a bit hard for me, because they might fight with each other and i dont have a spare tank for separating them.

Nor do I really, my girls don't fight much. Sure they have their little tiffs and occasionally a bit of tail gets bitten off but that's normal and as long as the water is kept clean its not a problem.

I just hate adding chemicals to my tanks, I love Guppies they are like little Bettas without all the attitude but my water is to soft for them, I looked into changing the water parameters and found its too hard to do properly.

If you do decide to get bettas, get ones that have lived with other females, get them young, and you can always get a breeder box if you need to separate them

Something like this.
2059446_1c3eda2c-7bae-4368-b89d-c24a71e83bf3.jpg

I use one of these when adding a new Betta to the tank, I just pop the fish in the net with a small plant or 2 and leave her in there for a few days so the girls get to know each other.

thanks for the advice! so if i get a bunch more plants and a breeder box, i should be good :)

Can you post a pic of your tank?

Demeter32 also has a stunning sorority and we would both be happy to help you set one up.

here you go. i know ill need to get way more plants, and i want to add an ornament like a hiding cave or log or something.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    585.9 KB · Views: 100
This is the sorority I lost during the floods we had a few months ago.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back