SERIOUS TANK ISSUES

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Honestly what you need to do is get rid of all the fish that don't belong in your tank. Then do lots of water changes and realy that's all it takes. Also answer the questions Leslie mentioned earlier and listen to Wilder. :)

Also, I just noticed that you said your angel had pop-eye... I wish I'd seen this earlier. You can't treat internal bacterial infections with melafix or pimafix and this is probably what is killing off your fish. You need some kind of antibiotic, prefferably something you can add to the food. Are any of the other fish showing ANY signs of lethargy or symptoms like your angel did? If yes, treat them immediately but not with melafix/pimafix. Symptoms would include signs of bloat, lethargy as I said before, pop-eye, pine-cone scales, lack of appetite etc. All the usual stuff.

Ferris - Bala sharks need to be in groups of at least 3, are very active, grow to 12" and need at least a 100 gallon tank (125+ prefferably). Common plecs grow to 18". That's what's wrong with the selection. :)

They have all gone to better homes anyway now so thanks for everything.

Am just keeping my bettas and going to convert the big tank to hold them.

Was treating with melafix as was advised to do so by someone on here (not this thread)

Thanks all

Aww sorry you gave your fish away especially the loach, he looked so cool! i hope they have gone to good homes! Have fun with the bettas and put pictures of them on the site soon.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back