Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Miles Hot's Fish

Votes: 15 19.0%
  • Lilphelpsy's Fish

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice fish, but I'm a betta softy. Great fish but perhaps it would be more stunning if you had submitted a flaring one. =)
Good luck mate.

Thank you!
I would have done, but Chai won't flare at anything! He's a very calm boy. :wub:

some awesome fish here, what a month to enter! :)

Is there any advice available on how to make the most of the picture as some of the pictures are fantastic and my picture of Rosy (so named by the children for her tummy) isn't as large etc as the others but I was pushing the 100K limit?

Thanks

Miles
Hey, could you please tell me what type of fish yours is? He/she is absolutely beautiful.

some awesome fish here, what a month to enter! :)

Is there any advice available on how to make the most of the picture as some of the pictures are fantastic and my picture of Rosy (so named by the children for her tummy) isn't as large etc as the others but I was pushing the 100K limit?

Thanks

Miles
Hey, could you please tell me what type of fish yours is? He/she is absolutely beautiful.
She is "Rosie" our Krib (Pelvicachromis pulcher) and that was taken a few weeks before she and Big (Bad) Bert got it on and produced some babies.
When they are in their breeding colours (or when Burt is being beaten up) they both have a lovely red belly - in Bert's case he goes from a sort of blush on his jaws to a fairly scarlet colour all along his jaw/belly. She retreated for a time (whilst the eggs were laid and then turned into a queen b*tch and duffed him up something rotten for a day - fins much the worse for it. Shortly after this the bebies were seen! We assume he was being chased out of the area whilst they were hatching.
For the first few days they were both gaurding the babies but now the major part of the work is done by Rosie as she chases Burt into the weeds / hiding behind rocks - though he still gives the tigers a lot of hassle. She's a brilliant Mum and sometimes sucks the babies into her mounth to transport them back to the baby pack!
After about a week she still has some 15-20 babies however she's certainly loosing them bit by bit - maybe to Burt, maybe to the tigers? It will be interesting to see if any make it to tadpole sort of size!
Both Rosie and Burt are great characters and they have totally changed the tank layout creating huge caverns under ever rock, massive valleys in the sand - we've had to adjust every rock so far to make sure that they're safe - not just ensuring that all touch the bottom of the glass but also that they have stability if all the sand is removed from around them!
Thank's for the vote - our daughteris so proud of Rosie that she's dead keen for a win! :) :)
Miles

At least 2 are neck on neck, with another 2 in close contention!!!.... 2 more days to vote people... Let's make it a clear victory..... either way.... Vote now!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Back