Search function bugged?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Colin_T

Fish Guru
Reaction score
I tried to use the search function (top right of screen) to look for some info on this forum. The search went to Google search and found nothing. I don't want to use Google to look for something on this forum. I want the search engine to be how it has been for the last 20 years. I want to be able to search this forum for the items.

There are two parts to the search button. One is to search the forum, the other is to search Google. Did you use the correct section?

Clipboard01.jpg

@Essjay Only Google search on iPad. It used to be easier to search threads on forums.
195D4C32-0430-475D-93C1-F99C5ED9381F.png

I just tried a search on a windows laptop with firefox, and it worked normally.

I used the search button and it went to google.

I am using MS edge browser

I just opened Edge. Before logging in there was only google search, after logging in the split search button appeared with both forum search and google search. I tried Firefox, the same - only google when not logged in, but forum search there after logging in.

I've just logged out of TFF to see what the browser I use does. Same as the others. Google only when not logged in, both forum search and google search after logging in.

Colin - are you logged in when you try searching?

The google search is the only search option for guests, however once you are logged in as a member, everyone should have the option of using the forum search or google search.

@Colin_T - Does this work for you?
FishForums.net Forum Search

That should take you to the main search page that looks like this:
Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 8.32.38 AM.png

From there you can choose the forum search or the google search. Also from the search results you can switch. The google search also provides an image search.

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 8.32.47 AM.png

Most reactions

Back