Scratchy, icky nets

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

OrkyBetta

Fish Herder
Reaction score
The topic is pretty self explanitory, my nets are getting kind of gross, I've been rinsing them in tap water before i use them, but what is the best way to clean them and keep them soft?

Once i have used mine in my tank, usually just to scoop leaves, i plkace it in the sun on my porch. This drys it. Do u know whats making it go icky?

By icky i mean things stick to it that have ben floating around in the air, because it's wet, or it might fall off of a shelf and gather who knows what, and I don't know how I should clean it. It also gets stiff.

warm water and bleach, soak it for 30 mins or so then give it a good rince and soak in another container of tap water with a big dose of dechlorinator in for another 30 mins or so.

will be steralised and good as new. (dont forget to do the dechlorinator bit or you'll have dead fish!!)

You should steralise net every time you use them or you will spread desease from tank to tank, a bit of bleach and hot water but rinse well.

Thanks all! it worked wonderful! I'm still nervous about putting them in the tank again though, maybe ill keep rinsing.

Most reactions

Back