Science Fair

moohug4

Reaction score
So i'm doing a science fair project. (I know what your thinking. Just wait.) It's not going to kill the fish. I'm using 5 of my red wag platy's to see if music and vibrations will affect them at all. I think it will, and different types will affect them differently.

But what do you guys think? I'm using
-Rock music
-Rap
-Classical
-Pop
-Heavy metal

I will be playing it at low volume and a medium volume.

Please tell me about any experiences you've had, or anything else!

Thanks! :hyper:

interesting experiment.

You're going to need some high quality music and high quality speakers.

I've heard of adverse effects to Bass in fish, as fish seem to dislike vibrations (according to what I have read)

So it will be an interesting experiment, but I trust that you will cease any experiments immediately if you notice the fish acting stressed.

interesting experiment.

I've heard of adverse effects to Bass in fish, as fish seem to dislike vibrations (according to what I have read)

So it will be an interesting experiment, but I trust that you will cease any experiments immediately if you notice the fish acting stressed.

Oh, i promise.

That's actually what i'm looking for. Changes in the behaviour.

interesting experiment.

Oh, i promise.

That's actually what i'm looking for. Changes in the behaviour.

Then i'm all for it :good:

Good luck. Oh and I recommend you play them some Miyavi hehe.

:hyper: FreedomFighter see you everywhere
excuse me ,what is wag platy's .i am not understand,a fish?or plant?
Haha. Yup. Google red platys. They are called red wag platy's because for the movement of they're fins.

Bass travels best through water and hard surfaces - that is why neighbours only tend to complain about the noise at parties when the *thud, thud, thud* of bass is being played at volume, and elephants make a low rumbling noise for communication that we cant even hear!

Try to distingush between types of music a little more. Much rock/heavy metal will be balads using slow music where you would expect heavy bouncy stuff.. in the same way, blues & pop may sound very similar if you are from the deep south of the states where most radio played pop is firmly rooted on country motifs.

Perhaps focus on the most different - reduce the options down a bit. maybe Heavy rock, 60s pop, and romantic period classical. (Classical Gershwin is completely different to classical Beethoven! Gershwin tends to be used at fireworks parties!)

Also, make sure you give selected periods of rest. Ensure the fish can get some rest/recovery time with no disturbances.

Good luck. Please feel free to PM (personal message) me if I need to explain what I mean.

think this may have happened a while ago. Thread was from December.

Most reactions

Back