Schwartzi Corydora Has Weird Growth

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Reaction score
Was doing a morning feeding almost two weeks ago and Colossodora -- she's always been quite bigger than the others -- came out to feed in clear view; which is a rare treat, normally she stays hidden away until after I leave the front of the tank.

Noticed that there is a weird growth of some sort on her right fin. The rest of her body and the rest of the Corydoras look perfectly normal. I took some pictures and asked on reddit and at my LFS, but didn't receive much help.

Last night, she was laying out on the sand, just relaxing and I could see in full view that the fin had not been getting better. I took the following video:

Does anyone have a clue as to what I'm dealing with or how I could help?

Last edited:
The fish has fungus on its pectoral fins.

You need to treat it with an anti-fungal remedy asap. Make sure you get one that is safe for scaleless fishes (catfish, loaches, eels). If you can't find one suited to scaleless fish, use a normal medication at half strength.

To work out the volume of water in the tank:
measure length x width x height in cm.
divide by 1000.
= volume in litres.

When you measure the height, measure from the top of the substrate to the top of the water level.

There is a calculator/ converter in the "How To Tips" at the top of this page that will let you convert litres to gallons if you need it.

Remove carbon from the filter before treating or it will adsorb the medication and stop it working.

Wipe the inside of the glass down with a clean fish sponge. Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate. Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it is added to the tank.

Clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks. However, if the filter is less than 6 weeks old, do not clean it.

Increase surface turbulence/ aeration when using medications because they reduce the dissolved oxygen in the water.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back