Scaping My New Tank

Sherriff

Reaction score
Hello again!

i have recently had delivered an 8x2x2 tank which is going to be visible from both sides of a wall (hallway and living room) 
as obviously i cant apply my old rules of tall at the back, small at the front with plants and wood etc i'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do! I'd love if you guys could give me some ideas, pictures even of your thoughts. 

Thanks! 

My first thought would be to go for an island style scape but i dont know how well itd work with the depth of your tank

Closely planted, with plenty of tall wood at one end, relatively sparsely in the middle, and medium density planting with a few bits of wood at the other end.

Both sound like decent idea's to play with! Gonna get all my wood out and dump everything in and have a play around!
Thanks guys!

Well this is turning into a right mammoth task! Nothing I have tried looks right from both sides... 
evilmad.gif

I'd probably go with the island idea ... wood and taller stuff in the middle working its way out to the sides.

What do you plan to keep? You could always do the Island scape as they said... Another is two rocks at the very edge and plants in the middle. The wood also has to be placed so it looks the same from both directions! Hope this helps!

Thanks all for your help! 
I plan to make it a large community tank so tetra, angels, pleco and the such likes, not 100% decided as of yet.

Think i have played around for at least 6hours and still not quite found anything that strikes me...
eurgh the joys of a large tank eh?

Careful with angels. They like small tetra.

Currently my tank is done on a diagonal. As mine can be seen from both sides. It sounds odd i know but i like it.

Imagine a diagonal line from front left to rear right. Along that line i have taller plants like vallis with large rocks. Progressing thorough some crypts then down to some grass. Bare patch to focus the eye then up to the back corner with taller planting again.

Nowt fancy. Low tech plants i liked the look of. Fish love it esp the collumbians. Their blue is stunning i can watch em for hours.

Yeah i know! If it fits, its food.

Any chance of  pictures? Sounds like an interesting idea id love to see!

Search Facebook for "planted tanks" and "planted aquarium", that might give you some ideas.

cynic said:
Careful with angels. They like small tetra.

Currently my tank is done on a diagonal. As mine can be seen from both sides. It sounds odd i know but i like it.

Imagine a diagonal line from front left to rear right. Along that line i have taller plants like vallis with large rocks. Progressing thorough some crypts then down to some grass. Bare patch to focus the eye then up to the back corner with taller planting again.

Nowt fancy. Low tech plants i liked the look of. Fish love it esp the collumbians. Their blue is stunning i can watch em for hours.
Do you happen to have any pictures? i've ordered a 6ft tanks and would like something similar going on!!!

Oh and congratz Sherriff on the 8ft'r sounds awesome, would love to see your final design. Maybe it will look IDENTICAL to my tank again eh?

Can do. Should really update my sig too that 18mths old ha.

pictures pictures pictures!!! My new tank has just been installed so its a week of scaping for me!

Oh, Sherriff how is the tank looking now? Waiting for someone to upload something you can steal eh? I'd LOVE to see your tank now, must be nearly cycled surely?

yes this is interesting we demand pictures haha :)

Most reactions

Back