Sales/swap Etc.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

nurglespuss

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Hi there, it seems to me that (occassionaly makimg the mistake myself) the sales form isn't obvious enough and takes up a lot of a mods time sorting out mistakes/refusals etc.

Would it not be simpler to redesign this part of the forum to either:

A: produce the text sales form in the 'new post' dialogue box as it appears?
B: when you click to post, you have to 'fill in' the form (as seperate frames etc.) and when 'complete' it auto appears in the correct format?

What do you think?

This was discussed a while back... I think the general outcome was that it would be too difficult to do... ? :unsure:

This was discussed a while back... I think the general outcome was that it would be too difficult to do... ? :unsure:

Hmmmm thats a real shame...

I think its easy enough to script, just don't know how flexible the forum is? Is it immutable?

Aaaaaaaaand you've lost me... :D lol. No idea mate, wait for a mod or Tolak/William to reply. Haha.

if you can write the php ill give you the money myself lol

erm, i can write in HTML code if that helps anyone?

if i take the website's code and then alter it with a few gizmos i could probably do it...

The answer is that yes it is possible, but it's not within the scope of the current forum software. Yes it would not be too difficult to script, even a more snazzy and complex form would still be reasonably easy for someone in the know. However, with such possibilities what it boils down to is whether or not William wants to have something like that be in use on his forum. And currently he does not. Therefore, for the foreseeable future, it will not be happening. As the mod who (perhaps foolishly) volunteered to take over the classified section, believe me when I say it would be very nice! :lol: it would certainly make my job a whole lot easier. As it stands though, we have to rely on seasoned members remembering to use the form, and newcomers to actually read the rules before they post; myself prompting those who don't follow the rules and general members reporting posts that don't use the form. 'Fraid that's just the way it's got to be :good:

erm, i can write in HTML code if that helps anyone?

if i take the website's code and then alter it with a few gizmos i could probably do it...
Um Its not HTML hence why i said PHP

i can do php myself

the easiest way to do it is an auto form but would look ugly

Most reactions

trending

Back