Sal Goes Rio With A Bit Of Vision

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Thanks, will have a look in a bit and play. Well, need to find that tool first it's Windows 7 that I got, so surely it should be on it. I'm so dim when it comes to those things sometimes. :rolleyes:

I compressed the picture to you so downloading would go faster but you made a sterling job out of it anyway.

It will be much better at your end when you do it then as you won't have to compress it beforehand.

It will be built into what you look at your pictures with on the computer.

Thanks. I think I found it. Will take a more up to date picture and have a try myself now that I know what to do.

Thats the best way. Make sure you crop it too, gets rid of any unwanted surrounds and makes the picture a little smaller to upload.

Will do, thanks again. I didn't know I had this programme... It will do a good spruce up this week, some trimming and then I shall have the perfect shot for you all to :drool: over soon.

Not perfect yet, but I'm getting the hang of it. Now, ideally I'd also retouch it and wipe out all the filter in- and outlets and the airbubble which is just there at the moment as I couldn't be bothered to hide it yet. :rolleyes:

DSCF29023.jpg

Hi guys, I'm having real problems with my Rio 125. It's just not right and I can't get it right.

Firstly, my eleocharis vivipara is dying. Most of it is brown, only a bit of green left. I don't know what I can do, it's dying on me. On the other hand the eleocharis parvula is thriving. This is why I am so confused, I was hoping they'd both be the same. Is there any way of saving it? If not I'll just chuck it, because it looks very unsightly.

DSCF3237Large.jpg

Second problem I have is the layout. I tried moving rocks again and I just don't seem to be able to nail it. I think I'm not cut out for Iwagumi. I could pull it off in a smaller tank, but not this one, especially not with the height.

DSCF3239Large.jpg

DSCF3238Large.jpg

So I'm thinking of just chucking the idea and starting totally afresh. Have something in mind already, two big pieces of redmoor, one from each side, path in the middle and heavily planted. I know it defeats the object of having something totally different to the Rio 180, but I just can't get the rocks right.

Anyway, I hope someone is still reading and can help me out, especially with the vivipara problem. Thanks.

Well I don't know anything about that plant specifically but in general when you add a plant to your tank you get at least some initial die off. If it were me I wouldn't chuck it out but cut it way back and hope that triggers new growth that is accustomed to the water chemistry in your tank. :dunno:

Even if you want to change the style you should keep trying with this plant for sure!

The problem is, there won't be much left. I reckon about 80% of it is brown. I really like the plant, but it's just as good as dead :(

Just because it all goes brown doesn't mean it's dead :p Chop it all off then, I bet it grows back :good:

Patience.
As above ^^^^^^,Chop it back, give it a couple of weeks.Plenty of stuff dies on me
laugh.gif

Yes, i still read here, when i can get past the amount of toys on the floor.[sub](not meaning you)[/sub]

I had to move quite a lot of toys out of my way today to just reach the tank :lol:

Ok, will get chopping and then I can only hope. Is six hours light enough a day?

Most reactions

Back