Sal Goes Rio With A Bit Of Vision

Oh that's MUCH better. I like the last one too. It's going to look great with plants in :good:

Wait what, i just liked the pic in mInnnts post

I liked the one in Minnnts post too. :lol: He'll be all puffed up from this. :X

Guys, don't encourage him, he's cocky enough without it ;) :lol:

I like it, but I still think there could be more... are you set on having it framing the tank? Have you any plants in mind? You need to think in terms of how the plants you want will fit in too.

Ps, I like the last one more than the one David quoted :p

He must feel like a king now!

I will get a list of plants later today. Still on my first coffee, child wants breakfast.

Regarding the framing - yes, I like the idea to have hiding space in the back and an open front. But then again, I will probably change my mind another gazillion times until it's time to add the fish :rolleyes:

personally I prefer the 3rd one, but I really like curves (to a scape :rolleyes: )

I guess there should be a question of stocking as well as some fish will be better suited to the open swimming area, and others less so...

It's a close call. Maybe I should even consult the man of the house, he has to look at it day in day out :rolleyes: He shares the hobby, but he always says "you do what you want to do anyway and what your forum friends suggest" - sounds about right :shifty:

Haven't got plants yet, but a quick general stocking list subject to changes. Those are the fish I currently have in the 4ft tank. Currently I am thinking of splitting them this way, but happy to take any suggestions. Not sure for example about the sailfin mollies and the venezuelan cories, they could go in either tank. Well, actually they could all go in either tank so probably a lot will be changed around.

Rio 180 possible stocking
2 bristlenose plec (Bob & Marley ;))
9 harlequin rasboras - thinking of upping the shoal to 15
6 platies (1m 5f)
1 swordtail
10 kuhli loaches
2 albino cories - yes I know they would be happier in a big shoal, but honestly I know those two. Had them for ages, they are inseparable.
Possibly I'll keep 3 of my guppies, but not keen on their fin nipping antics anymore...

Rio 125 possible stocking
2 dwarf gouramis - nice pair always together
3 sailfin mollies (1m 2f)
1 molly (got him as a freebie when he was a baby and slipped into the bag)
8 neon tetras - again thinking of upping the shoal to 15
10 venzuelan orange cories

Oh, and I also want to add otos somewhere as I love them.

What do you think?

Here is a list of plants I am interested in. Again, subject to changes, I still have to read up on them and see which ones would thrive best in the tank. Even though minnnt tried to convince me otherwise I am not going to use a Co2 system. I have some of them already which are growing very well, such as the rosanervis and I really love that one. I can imagine that growing at the front left, slightly over the wood.

Aponogeton Boivinianus
Aponogeton Crispus
Aponogeton Madagascariensis
Aponogeton Undulatus

Bacopa Caroliana

Crinum Calamistratum
Crinum Natans

Cryptocoryne Balansae
Cryptocoryne Nevellii

Eichhornia Diversifolia

Elodea Densa

Gymnocoronis Spilanthoides

Hygrophilia Rosanervis

Ludwigia Mullertii

There will also be Suesswassertang to cover some of the wood and possibly java moss. If I add floating plants it would be red floaters.

20th June 2012 - First dose of ammonia added. It's up to 4ppm now, the waiting and planning can begin.

It's a good job I have another tank arriving tomorrow and my sorority to plan. Need to keep myself busy :nod:

Just a clearer picture now that the dust has settled. I am hoping to hide the heater and filter inlet with a nice background plant.

DSCF2023Large.jpg

BTW, I still have one nice piece of mopani in the other tank. I might add this later to make a combo of the current set-up and minnnt's suggestion :hey:

Most reactions

Back