Rubbernose pleco

Auratus

Why am I browsing a fish forum at 2am?
Reaction score
I've had him about 4-5 months now and he hasn't grown at all. He's about 1.5 inches. I read max size is about 3 inches but this guy just doesn't wanna grow. Could he already be full grown?

Mine has barely grown at all in the 3 months I've had him. Either they're slow growers or they just don't often get to that size.

No complaints from me if he stays 2 inches :kana: He's also such a dude - never had another suckermouth who was this much fun to watch.

They are fun to watch! I don't see him often but when I do it's really neat. He darts around back and forth like a hummingbird.

When I look at the other rubbernoses in the petstore I got mine from, I can tell mine has grown a lot but it doesn't seem like because I think they grow really slow. Mine's really shy and won't come out of his cave if anyone is in the room.

Auratus said:
They are fun to watch! I don't see him often but when I do it's really neat. He darts around back and forth like a hummingbird.
They are seriously fast! Luckily mine has stopped darting under the driftwood when I enter the room. So sometimes I will catch him on the glass during the day.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back