rtc x tsn hybrid

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

andy m

Reaction score
hello,
has anybody ever kept this hybrid any info or pictures much appreciated!

IMO, this shouldn't be done. I'v seen them comming into the shops and its not just the fact that there cross bred but that they get to 36"+

here's a pic

redtailed_tiger_shovelnose.jpg

and I'll post some in members tank pics here

ste :)

IMO that fish is ugly, the true versions are far better and more attracive.

The RTCxTSN hybrid was original made to supply the poor populations of far eastern countries with a large fast growing food fish but recently some have been making their way into the hobby. As the hybrid of two of the amazons largest and most sucessful predatory catfish this is not a fish suitable for standard home aquaria as it can reach lengths of 4 feet or more in a very short time.

thanks for your replies/views. i am in the process of setting up a large acrylic aquarium 96"x36"x24" and have been offered a very small 4" hybrid but i might just wait and get a true red tail cat i quite like the hybrid in the picture that has been posted! at the moment i am also growing up a perruno cat amazing fish!!!!

thanks again for the replys andy! :kana:

I would wait for the RTC. Ste wants a perruno or did nice catfish. :)

great, sounds good but that tank isn't big enough for a fully grown redtailed cat. you would be better going for a small group of say 3-4 lima shovelnoses with some other fish etc.

ste :)

BTW, don't forget to post pics when its done.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back