Removing Algae Without Chemicals Or Scrubbing

Zikofski

Chatroom Moderator
Chatroom Moderator
Reaction score
okay strange question i have two 5Ltr bottles, with algae in them its a mix of green spot and green dust, algae is so bad the water within the bottle dose not see sunlight

one of these bottles has live plants in and a piece of wood, that i can take out whilst cleaning, and the other is empty, what can i do to kinda clean these bottles with almost none or little scrubbing and without chemicals my first thing was boiling water but is there any other way, sadly these bottles are in direct sunlight so the algae is un preventable but i would like to give them a quick clean up no and then, there is a 3rd bottle with shrimp and more plants this bottle is almost perfectly clean and i don't want to use chemicals like Excell to remove this algae, i said in the title without scrubbing but i can do a little bit of scrubbing but only as much as the small hole will allow me too.

any hints or tips? much appreciated

i was thinking blackout but how i don't have anything to cover the bottles with :S i could give it a go, only worry is the plants in the 2nd bottle dyeing?

Most reactions

Back