The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Star.b1999

Reaction score
hey guys so I currently have a 14inch red tail catfish. Yesterday I fed him his usual amount of goldfish and soon after he became unusually lethargic. Much more than normal. And this morning I awoke to all the fish he had ate being dead across the tank most of them still whole and he is still extremely lethargic someone please help ! He’s never done this before:(

Here is a current picture of how he is laying

Attachments

• 84AE53C1-EDB0-48DC-926A-1635985817F5.jpeg
    84AE53C1-EDB0-48DC-926A-1635985817F5.jpeg
    874.7 KB · Views: 266
Remove the bodies assuming you haven't already done that.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate now and every day for the next week.

Don't feed it for a few days and hope for the best.

------------------------
Don't feed goldfish to other fish because goldfish can be full of diseases like worms and TB, which are then transferred to the catfish. They can also have residual chemicals in them if they have been treated and the chemicals can build up in the catfish and kill it.

Use white bait, blue sardines and prawn/ shrimp as the main foods. Buy them from a fishing shop and keep them in the freezer. Take a few out and defrost them, cut them into small pieces and offer the fish a few bits at a time.

------------------------
The catfish should have a large hollow log or pvc pipe to sleep in. You can also add lots of plants to help it feel more secure.

Adding a picture to the back of the tank can help fish feel more secure. You can buy them from pet shops or use a plastic bin liner, some coloured card or even a newspaper. Just sticky tape them on the outside of the tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back