Red Spots On My Goldfish'S Body

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Maahi

Reaction score
Hi! I'm new to this forum. I read a few posts about this. I have 6 goldfish in my tank. I am very new to this and don't know much about fish care. I dont know how many gallons is my tank equivalent to. Its almost equal to 22 inches... My goldfish has red spots on their body which look like internal blood marks. They have these from past 1 week. I've been trying to cure them. I have used a blue color medicine which is fungicide but seems like this is not working. I also have a filter which I use for sometime everyday. What are the other solutions to solve this? Please help!! Save my fish :(

Hi Maahi
can you post the measurements of your tank in inches and i will determine the amount of water volume in your tank for you.
Is the blue colour med called methylene blue??

What is the size of each goldfish?

Do you know the stats of your tank? Ph - Amonia - Nitrite - Nitrate?
if you do not don't worry and run off and not answer, we are here to help you, not judge you.

What else have you been trying to cure them with? apart from the blue medicine? if none then ok.

You should leave the filter running all the time 24/7... the filter needs to do its job by filtering crap from your tank
and also inside the filter good bacteria will build up to kill off the bad bacteria. and create a stable environment for
your fish.

Give us as much info as you can so that someone here can help you.

Regards
Scott

What type of goldfish are they.

For six goldfish you need at least 70 gallon tank and 130 gallon filter.

The red spots sounds like septicemia.

Measure your tank with a tap measure

Immediate water change and increase aeration.
Get tank water tested.
And add anti internal bacteria med by interpet.

Once septicemia progresses it hard to cure.

I agree the filter should be running all the time.
Never switch if off or your benefical bacteria will die off.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back