"red" Honey Gourami

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

bolivian_d

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello,

Today I picked up three "Red" Honey Gourami's. I assumed that they were just a natural variation of a regular Honey Gourami, but have been unable to find much information. I did read one post on this forum that suggested they were fed dye. I hope this isn't the case. Other than their colour, does this variation require anything different to the regular Honey Gourami?

Thanks.

If they are the fed-dyed, red-honey gouramis, then the color will fade back to natural after 3 to 5 months. How long have you had them?

I've had them for about 4hours.

What are the chances that their colour is natural? Do natural red honey gourami's exist?

Edit: P.S. I am so glad I chose these fish to restock my tank. Although I researched the honey's late the night before, it was relatively impulse. Considering I had spent weeks with previous purchases. I love them, they are so graceful. I prefer them over my cherry barbs.

I have a question about their eating habits. I just fed them some flake food. Only about 25-50% of it was eaten. They attempted to eat the other 50% but they spat the flake back out, and attempted to eat it again several times. It's not as if they don't want to eat it. They attempt to eat it, then they spit it out and go straight back for it again. Any ideas why?

Edit II: Also, it was not a lot of flake. It was one flake crumpled up.

Hello,

Today I picked up three "Red" Honey Gourami's. I assumed that they were just a natural variation of a regular Honey Gourami, but have been unable to find much information. I did read one post on this forum that suggested they were fed dye. I hope this isn't the case. Other than their colour, does this variation require anything different to the regular Honey Gourami?

Thanks.

it is just a clour morph of collisa chuna and is not dyed

I have a question about their eating habits. I just fed them some flake food. Only about 25-50% of it was eaten. They attempted to eat the other 50% but they spat the flake back out, and attempted to eat it again several times. It's not as if they don't want to eat it. They attempt to eat it, then they spit it out and go straight back for it again. Any ideas why?

I have 1 red & 1 yellow honey plus a male & female dwarf & they all do this. Don't think it's anything to be concerned about, just the way they eat? :)

Most reactions

Back